Re: Ever-growing store with --gc-keep-outputs?

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Ever-growing store with --gc-keep-outputs?
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2018 15:31:56 -0500

On Fri, Nov 09, 2018 at 05:47:47PM +0100, swedebugia wrote:
> Thanks for the heads up! I totally agree. Guix is way too silent to my
> taste, comparing with e.g. pacman and git.

Now we are ready to discuss the color of the bike shed ... ;)

But I think the best way is to make the software "just work", so that it
can be silent and not make the user wish for more verbose comments. This
is definitely possible — a lot of software is like this. It's so
reliable that we forget there are computer programs running there.