Re: difficulty getting networking working on new install

From: Benjamin Slade
Subject: Re: difficulty getting networking working on new install
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2018 11:02:08 -0600

 > at the very least you could fire up a terminal and use "nmcli" or
 > "nmtui", which should be installed in your system profile by default
 > when you have the NetworkManager service installed.

Thanks, Chris, this did help immensely. I've used other tools in the
commandline and NetworkManager as an applet in the gui, but I've never
used NetworkManager via the commandline and so I didn't even realise
that the relevant applications were called "nmcli" & "nmtui" (I was
trying to run `NetworkManager` in the terminal). (I wonder if this is
worth throwing into the manual somewhere [unless it's there already and
I missed it], since these seem to be the default networking tools
included in the 'desktop package'.)

--
Benjamin Slade - https://babbagefiles.xyz
  `(pgp_fp: ,(21BA 2AE1 28F6 DF36 110A 0E9C A320 BBE8 2B52 EE19))