gc failing

From: Hinko Kocevar
Subject: gc failing
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 15:22:00 +0000

Hi,

I'm exploring the guix a bit for a project at hand.
I'm trying to wrap my head around the whole thing so bear with me. I was quite
puzzled by the Schema at first, coming from C/Python here, but after a couple
of days I'm doing some serious hacking by adding new packages to local guix
checkout..

I have checked out git tree and managed to get development going - I can see
stuff appear in the store!!

For some reason I started getting gc errors as these:

address@hidden ~/guix/guix.git [dev]$ ./pre-inst-env guix gc --list-dead
finding garbage collector roots...
guix gc: error: build failed: program
`/gnu/store/pii5cimi72lj5l7793h54g5sg0sr2apl-guix-0.14.0/libexec/guix/list-runtime-roots'
 failed with exit code 1

I was removing some stale entries as per manual.

A general question, should I worry about all the builds of the package in store
for the one I'm developing?

Thank you in advance,
Hinko