Re: Something broke

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Re: Something broke
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2018 17:08:53 +0200

Le Sun, 17 Jun 2018 17:25:52 +0000,
Jone <address@hidden> a écrit :

> Hi, people! There are also prepared packages - why not a give to the
> world this? As third-patry, no warranty.
> Or is it still an experimental distro for hackers? I have prepared 3
> packages, they are not in the official delivery, but where can I send
> them?

Hi Jone,

The ALSA_PLUGIN_DIR variable can only take one value, typically
$HOME/.guix-profile/lib/alsa-lib, where alsa and its plugins are
installed. I think guix tells you all about it when you install
alsa-lib or one of its plugins.

I'm not sure what you mean by "prepared packages", but if you mean
binaries built by someone else, we will not accept them in Guix proper.

If you've built 3 packages for Guix, we will be glad to add them to
Guix once you send them to address@hidden  Please check
http://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Contributing.html#Contributing
and more precisely this section:
http://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Submitting-Patches.html#Submitting-Patches