How to install prerelease package versions (particularly Emacs)

From: Jorge
Subject: How to install prerelease package versions (particularly Emacs)
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2018 00:00:05 +0000

Hi.  I use Spacemacs v.0.300.0 (develop) atop Emacs 26.0.91.  I compile
Emacs 26 locally and stow it with GNU Stow.  I would prefer to get Emacs
26 from Guix, which would be more automatic and would come configured to
work with Guix-installed Emacs packages.  So is Emacs 26 available from
Guix?  Unfortunately ~guix package --show=emacs~ only reports version
25.3, but maybe there is a non intuitive way to get Emacs 26.

Regards

- I am Brazilian.  I hope my English is correct and I welcome feedback
- Please adopt free formats like PDF, ODF, Org, LaTeX, Opus, WebM and 7z
- Free/libre software for Android: https://f-droid.org/
- [[https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html][What is free software?]]