Re: Installation: Load non-free wifi firmware (iwlwifi)

From: Carlo Zancanaro
Subject: Re: Installation: Load non-free wifi firmware (iwlwifi)
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2018 07:13:36 +1100

Hey Pierre,

On Fri, Mar 02 2018, Pierre Neidhardt wrote:
An idea crossed my mind: from a foreign distribution with Guix
installed, run

     guix system init /mnt/etc/config.scm /mnt

[...]

Is there a simple way to do this without `herd'?

There is! I followed the vague instructions in this message to convert my debian installation to a GuixSD installation and it (broadly speaking) worked.

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2017-04/msg00139.html

The trick is not to "init", but just to "reconfigure" into GuixSD. It feels a bit hacky, but it works.

Carlo