Re: correct 'guix system reconfigure config.scm' files

From: Chris Marusich
Subject: Re: correct 'guix system reconfigure config.scm' files
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 21:15:44 -0800

Quiliro Ordonez Baca <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Please criticize the sintax where
>>> appropriate. Thank you.
>> I think guile can critisize syntax errors, too.
>> try `guix system build config.scm`
>
> So, this is the way to test if it is correct?

That is one way to test if there are problems.  If "guix system build"
fails, then it is not correct.  If it succeeds, then it might be
correct.  It is possible to successfully build an operating system
declaration that is syntactically correct but semantically incorrect.
For example, if your operating system configuration file defines a user
named "bob" when the user should actually have been "alice", Guix will
not complain even though it is not what you intended.

--
Chris