Re: GuixSD cannot initialize system config

From: Christopher Baines
Subject: Re: GuixSD cannot initialize system config
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2017 18:17:49 +0000

Dustin <address@hidden> writes:

> When I run the command #guix-system init /mnt/etc/my-os-config.scm /mnt where
> /mnt is the path I want to install the system on, it complained about some
> .scm file or something to do with #f. I don't really remember.

It would be useful to know the exact error message, and to see your
configuration file if possible. You can connect to the installer over
SSH from another machine if that makes copying the error and config file
easier.

> I did a little reading and it seems the solution is to upgrade the guix
> daemon, but how do I upgrade the guix daemon on a liveUSB?

That seems a bit odd, as the guix-daemon is usually quite separate, and
doesn't often cause problems.

Upgrading might be possible, but if you wanted to do this, I think it
would be easier to generate [1] a updated installation image with the
newer version of the guix package on it. But first, it would be good to
check the error message and your configuration file.

1:
https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Building-the-Installation-Image.html#Building-the-Installation-Image