Re: error running emacs installed with guix

From: Mekeor Melire
Subject: Re: error running emacs installed with guix
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2017 00:50:14 +0100

I guess, this information is pretty obvious, but I can tell you that
this is a GTK specific issue. Personally, I use Emacs with
athena-toolkit (libxaw) instead of GTK. I did not encounter this problem
with it.

If you're interested, this is the package definition:

    (define-public own-emacs
        (package
            (inherit emacs)
            (name "emacs")
            (synopsis "The extensible, customizable, self-documenting text
editor
    with athena toolkit" )
            (build-system gnu-build-system)
            (inputs `(
                ("inotify-tools" ,inotify-tools)
                ("libxaw" ,libxaw)
                ,@(alist-delete "gtk+" (package-inputs emacs))))
            (arguments `(
                #:configure-flags '("--with-x-toolkit=athena")
    ,@(package-arguments emacs)))))

--
mekeor ~ EDD3 DFFA 76F6 11C0 145F 9A99 AC85 BAD8 A2F8 C868