Why the package `shadow' is not installed by default in the latest GuixS

From: Göktuğ Kayaalp
Subject: Why the package `shadow' is not installed by default in the latest GuixSD image?
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 16:30:19 +0300

Hi

I have recently reported a weird issue with X11 here, and am now
retrying to install GuixSD on that same machine on which I had the
issue.  Now another trouble that I encounter during the installation is
that the shadow package is no installed on my machine, and thus I don't
have access to the ‘passwd’ command in order to set a root password and
proceed w/ installation thru ssh.  Is this a deliberate choice to leave
out this package from the installation media or a bug?  It's not that
important as I'm installing shadow via ‘guix package -i’ ATM but it
takes time (compiles stuff) unnecessarily.

Cheers,

        gk.