Re: Kernel panic while building VM

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Kernel panic while building VM
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 12:28:59 +0200

Hi,

Enrico Schwass <address@hidden> skribis:

> since Guix 13 I have kernel panics during guix system init, too. It
> happens  on my Intel J1900 fanless box. Dont know if its just
> overheating or if its a general problem with the libre kernel.

This is probably unrelated to the problem here, which was due to the VM
image being too small.

Could you try again and report (1) what you did, (2) the
‘operating-system’ configuration you used, and (3) the error messages
you see and when you see them?

> I will test the hardware with Guix 12 at the weekend

Please stick to 0.13.0.  0.12.0 is relatively old, so you’ll find that
many pre-built binaries are missing, not to mention many security fixes.

Thanks,
Ludo’.