getting started with a VM

From: Myles English
Subject: getting started with a VM
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 14:23:33 +0100

Hello,

I have been using Guix as a package manager for a while and would like
to try GuixSD as a VM.  I am having trouble getting started and have a
few questions if you don't mind.

What needs to be considered when choosing whether to install on a VM
from the USB image[1] or using the pre-built VM image[2]?

After starting a VM from the pre-built image, as per the manual:

qemu-system-x86_64 \
   -net user -net nic,model=virtio \
   -enable-kvm -m 256 guixsd-vm-image-0.13.0.x86_64-linux

how would I ssh into it?  The docs[2] say "to get network access from
within the vm add the (dhcp-client-service) to your system
definition...", where is the system definition of the pre-built image?

Thanks,
Myles

[2]
https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Running-GuixSD-in-a-VM.html#Running-GuixSD-in-a-VM