Re: All source code for GuixSD system

From: Tiberiu
Subject: Re: All source code for GuixSD system
Date: Tue, 16 May 2017 23:06:56 +0300

On 16.05.2017 22:46, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Currently there’s no tool to do that for GuixSD proper, though in
> practice the command above should get you close to that.  It would be
> interesting to develop something like a “guix system sources” command.

How many binaries are there in GuixSD proper and how would you suggest
we get their sources manually? I imagine some of them also have some
patches applied, so looking on the web for the sources with the exact
same version probably won't cut it.

How is GuixSD proper built? Maybe we can take a look at what sources you
use for compiling the base system and get those sources (with any
patches that need to be applied as well).

> Having GuixSD preinstalled on hardware sold by Technoethical would be
> sweet, Dima!

GuixSD is a wonderful free system and we thank you for your help!

Tiberiu