How to use jack and qjackctl on GuixSD?

From: Drew C
Subject: How to use jack and qjackctl on GuixSD?
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 13:33:20 -0700

Hey,

I am a musician that produces a lot of things, and I use Ardour with jackd for the most part.

On most of the other distros I've tried, installing and running qjackctl is enough. On GuixSD it will not seem to work. It does seem to start it as there is a PID, but cannot connect to the socket, does not run in real-time, etc.

Any direction on where to go? I am a software developer as well and do not mind getting my hands dirty at all, so let me know.

Cheers,

Drew Crampsie