Re: clisp executable images fail at startup

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: clisp executable images fail at startup
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2016 20:41:34 +0100

>> When I packaged it and tried to run the packaged executable, however, I
>> got this error:
>>
>>     module 'syscalls' requires package OS.
>>
>> (This error is reported by CLISP.)
>
> Could it be a search path issue?  Did you try strace’ing clisp to see
> where it’s looking for “OS”?

I couldn’t find anything of interest by strace’ing the binary, but I
noticed that the binary I built locally is an order of magnitude larger
than the binary that ended up in the store (21MB instead of 2.6MB).

Turns out that after disabling stripping I get an executable that works
fine.  Maybe executable CLISP images should never be stripped.

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
http://elephly.net