Re: Cross-building GuixSD (and maybe using pre-built toolchains)

From: David Craven
Subject: Re: Cross-building GuixSD (and maybe using pre-built toolchains)
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 00:13:46 +0200

>> I think there’s currently no easy way to cross build a full GuixSD
>> anyway, like ‘guix system build --target=mips64el-linux-gnu’ (the
>> --target flag doesn’t exist yet).  Or did you experiment in this area?

I'm operating under the assumption that when using the --target flag
packages aren't substituteable (since cross-compiling a package will
likely not yield the same result as natively compiling it) in which
case the --target flag would only be useful for either bootstrapping
or optimizing guixsd for an embedded system or something like that.