Re: Reverse dependencies

From: Alex Kost
Subject: Re: Reverse dependencies
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 12:03:21 +0300

Vincent Legoll (2016-08-11 17:43 +0300) wrote:

> Hello,
>
>>> I'm trying to understand which package(s) depends on some other package,
>>> kind of the reverse of what guix graph does (I think).
>>
>> I think that `guix refresh --list-dependent foo` is what you are asking
>> for, or at least it's close. We use it to learn what will need to be
>> rebuilt when upgrading foo.
>
> Not really what I want to know:
>
> # guix refresh --list-dependent inkscape
> Building the following 5 packages would ensure 10 dependent packages
> are rebuilt: frescobaldi-2.19.0 solfege-3.22.2 simple-scan-3.19.91
> termite-11 hydra-20150407.4c0e3e4
>
> None of those are installed, but inkscape is pulled in by something
> which I want to know

I think you mean inkscape is pulled when you build the system.  Then you
will not find it like this.  It is needed to build the fancy grub image,
and it is "pulled" by the system building code (specifically by
'svg->png' procedure in (gnu system grub) module).  If you want to avoid
it, you can specify an "empty" theme for example:

  (bootloader (grub-configuration (device "/dev/sda")
                                  (theme (grub-theme))))

--
Alex