Kernel module arguments and custom /proc settings

From: Adam Bolte
Subject: Kernel module arguments and custom /proc settings
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2016 14:05:28 +1000

Hello,

I have a machine that always overheats running GuixSD, and I would
like the fans to constantly run at maximum until I can find a better
solution.

The kernel module that enables fan control is thinkpad_acpi (which is
always loaded automatically), howerver manual fan control only works
if I set the module fan_control=1 argument when it loads. So I'm
looking for the equivalent of /etc/modprobe.d/ on Debian.

The module creates /proc/acpi/ibm/fan, which I can then write to (if
fan_control=1 was set) with the appropriate fan speed. I want to run
the equivalent of the following on boot:

# echo level full-speed > /proc/acpi/ibm/fan

In Debian this can be done by dropping the configuration into
/etc/sysctl.d/.

Is there a way to edit my config.scm file to make the above changes?

-Adam