Re: cleaning the store

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: cleaning the store
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 15:34:47 -0400

On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 09:10:53PM +0200, Catonano wrote:

> > On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 06:36:39PM +0200, Catonano wrote:
> > > I erased ALL the prevoius generations and still there are some elements
> > > that "guix gc -d ..." cannot eliminate from the store because they turn
> > out
> > > to be "still alive"
> > >
> > > Of course emacs-cider is not installed in the current generation
> >
> > `guix package -s cider` returns nothing. Nor is that string present in
> > the Guix source tree. It's a private package, yes?
> >

> yes, it's a private package
>
> I was trying to make a recipe for cider but there were some errors in the
> log, some dependencies couldn't be reached.
>
> Maybe I messed up the inputs.
>
> I wanted to clean to be sure that there were o interferences from the relics

If you make a change to your cider recipe, then the "relics" can't
interfere with later builds, because the new cider directory in
/gnu/store will have a new hash. It is impossible for the build process
to guess the hash of the old cider "relics", so they won't be used.

If you don't change the cider recipe, then the relics will be used.