Re: How to solve /etc/login.defs

From: 宋文武
Subject: Re: How to solve /etc/login.defs
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 17:09:08 +0800

Jean Louis <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I am using guix on Debian. The default path for guix is:
> $HOME/.guix-profile/bin and sbin
>
> And I am using login manager lightdm, so the default PATH cannot be
> read. I guess, that /etc/login.defs have to be changed for each user to
> include $PATH correctly.
>
> Otherwise, how is system supposed to know that default $PATH is
> ~/.guix-profile/bin? among others?
In GuixSD, this is done by `/etc/profile' which is read by sh-compatible
login shells:
if [ -f "$HOME/.guix-profile/etc/profile" ]
then
  # Load the user profile's settings.
  GUIX_PROFILE="$HOME/.guix-profile" \
  . "$HOME/.guix-profile/etc/profile"
else
  # At least define this one so that basic things just work
  # when the user installs their first package.
  export PATH="$HOME/.guix-profile/bin:$PATH"
fi