help-gss

Re: GSS installed header in include/gss/api.h instead of gssapi.h

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: GSS installed header in include/gss/api.h instead of gssapi.h
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 12:33:30 +0200

Markus Mazurczak <address@hidden> writes:

> configure: error: gssapi.h header file is required for GSSAPI
>
> libgss is available:
>
> ldconfig -v | grep gss
>         libgss.so.1 -> libgss.so.1.1.0
>
> but there is no gssapi.h header installed. Instead the following headers
> were installed under /usr/local/include/gss:
>
> - api.h
> - ext.h
>
> Did i do something wrong during compiling GSS or is there something i
> forgot?
> I dont understand why postgresql need gssapi.h but gss just installed me
> the above mentioned headers. Is it an gss or postgres failure?

Hi Markus.  Thanks for your interest.  The problem is that postgresql
assumes the GSS-API header file is called 'gssapi.h', but in GNU GSS it
is called 'gss.h' (should be available in /usr/include/gss.h for you).
If you modify PostgreSQL to include gss.h instead of gssapi.h, hopefully
things will work.

I don't recall anywhere in the standard that _requires_ that the header
file is called 'gssapi.h', but I see how it could simplify building
packages that makes this assumption (many do).

What GNU GSS could do here is to install a file
$prefix/include/gss/compat/gssapi.h which only does '#includes <gss.h>',
and also make 'pkg-config --cflags gss' include a
-I$prefix/include/gss/compat directory in its output.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
/Simon