help-gss

replay detection

From: Bentura, Eric
Subject: replay detection
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 15:34:23 +0100

Hello,

For my application I need to add replay detection mechanism to messages sent over the network.
I wanted to know if it is possible, using GSS routines to timestamp the messages in a monotonically increasing fashion.
In fact, I just want to add a timestamp, and possibly use the resulting packet as an input to a certain encrypt function.
I want the remote side be able to have access to the timestamp (after having decrypted the packet) without using GSS API. Is that possible?

Regards,

Eric
Information contained in this email message is confidential and may be privileged, and is intended only for use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the address@hidden and destroy the original message.