[Help-gsl] GSL Windows repo

From: Nagy-Egri Máté Ferenc
Subject: [Help-gsl] GSL Windows repo
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 13:09:30 +0000

Dear Forumers,

I have recently got acquainted with Chocolatey, the command-line package
manager for Windows which already holds lots of very useful packages, which can
be installed in a similar manner as we got used to doing so on linux systems.

I have already used the Visual Studio project of GSL, courtesy of Brian
Gladman, and have found it extremely useful. However, it would reach a lot more
people, and could be used even more simply if it were a NuGet/Chocolatey
package.

Is there anyone who already possesses all the skills in creating these packages
and making them available publicly via Chocolatey or is it up to me? (Given I
find the time to learn how to create such packages with proper dependencies.)
MPFR would be another nice candidate, also available on Brian’s page, but
that’s another topic (though very similar).

Ideas?

Cheers,

Máté