[Help-gsl] GSL Multidimensional Minimizer accepting a matrix instead of

From: Pritam Chanda
Subject: [Help-gsl] GSL Multidimensional Minimizer accepting a matrix instead of vector ?
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 14:14:08 -0500

Hi All,
I am trying to write a minimizer for a function that takes a data
matrix (N x p) and a weight vector (P-dimensional) and a class table
vector Y (N -dim). The Multidimensional Minimizer in GSL only allows a
vector data type for the functions  gsl_multimin_function and
gsl_multimin_function_fdf. The two-dimensional paraboloid example
shows how to pass a single vector
of data (x,y). In my case I have a matrix. Is it possible to do such
minimization with gsl ?
Thanks,
Babai