Re: [Help-gsl] Errors when compiling under Cygwin

From: Norbert Zacharias
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Errors when compiling under Cygwin
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 20:04:08 +0200

Hi,

Am 07.06.2011 21:04, schrieb Smith, Herb:
I'm new to gsl and trying to compile under Cygwin on a PC with
windows XP.

I tried to run configure and I got an error on line 16 and line 31.
Line 16 is a blank line but it was complaining about a \r character
and on 31 it was complaining about the double semicolon. I deleted
the blank line and the line with the double semicolon and now it's
complaining aobut line 45 with the double ampersand (&&).  Line 45 is
a continuation line, so it is starting to feel like there are some
problems with the line terminators in Cygwin.

Has anyone addressed this issue and is there a way around the
problem?

This errors look like you mount your disk as binary,which do not do the end of line translation from Windoofs to unix. Have a look at the cygwin FAQ which covers this issue. But on the other side normally the sources should meet to the unix convention.

Hope this helps

Norbert

Thanks,

Herb

Herb Smith Jr.  PhD, PE Technical Fellow Computational Methods Boeing
Research and Technology St. Louis, Mo. 63166 314-233-9700