Re: [Help-gsl] Re: iteratively re-weighted least squares

From: David Komanek
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Re: iteratively re-weighted least squares
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 00:15:03 +0100

Thank you, Brian.

I just tried to get to the roots, so I took the example program from the
manual and it works fine - I get exactly the same results as stated in
the example. But with my own function, the fdf solver (both lmder and
lmsder) finds another solution than SAS and 3rd party VBA routine (which
gives the same results as SAS). It all is true for static weights only.
Re-weighted ILS still does not work for me well. So I am giving up and
will rewrite the VBA code to c++ to satisfy my colleagues. Maybe I
should write my own solver function instead (more suitable to my
particular type of problem) to still use GSL, but I have no idea how to
do this, my math skills are poor, which is probably the reason for all
my trouble.

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,

  David