Re: [Help-gsl] gsl on snow leopard

From: Alejandro Cámara Iglesias
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] gsl on snow leopard
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 03:25:02 +0200

Same situation than William's here. I have compiled the GSL from the source
and it works perfect in Snow Leopard.

Just a remark. In case you don't want GSL to be compiled into /usr/local/
(which is what I believe it does ./configure by default) you can specify
where to install the compiled version. For example, in my case I ran:

./configure --prefix=/opt/gsl/1.14

so I can keep track of different versions of GSL and can compile my code
against different versions.

If you choose this, in order to tell gcc (or your C/C++ compiler) where to
find the includes and the libraries you can use:

gcc -L/opt/gsl/1.14/lib -I/opt/gsl/1.14/include -lgsl -lgslcblas
my_code_rocks.c -o ./rocket

Hope it helps.

Best regards,
*Alejandro Cámara*