[Help-gsl] gsl_multimin boundaries

From: Gregor M.
Subject: [Help-gsl] gsl_multimin boundaries
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 20:01:47 +0100

Hello,

I have a question concerning the gsl_multimin algorithms.
I use the standard fletcher and reeves method implemented in gsl. My problem
is due to reasoning about the problem,
the minimum I like to find must have only postive coordinates.
I tried to set up kinda "reflecting boundary", so if gsl puts one of my coordinates < 0, I lift it up to a value >0. Now, sometimes when doing this, the algorithms stops...so *gsl_multimin_fdfminimizer_iterate (s) returns the error code 1. I do not know why this occurs only occasionally, maybe you have a better solution
for this?

Greetings,
Gregor
*