Re: [Help-gsl] Solving a First Order ODE system using GSL

From: Warren Weckesser
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Solving a First Order ODE system using GSL
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 21:59:40 -0600

You can treat your equation as a system that happens to have just one
dimension, and implement it the same way you would an n-dimensional system.
I have attached code that solves the Solow equation (from economics); it is
basically the same as the example in the reference manual, but modified for
this first order equation.  The jacobian is just the derivative of the
right-hand side of the equation with respect to the dependent variable (x,
in your case; k, for the Solow model).

Warren

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 12:09 PM, Earl, Joseph <address@hidden