Re: [Help-gsl] (no subject)

From: Thomas Weber
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] (no subject)
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 09:02:04 +0200

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 09:23:25PM +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> I've just installed this package ie
> apt-get install -y libgsl0-dev
>
> How do I know whether it's 32 bit or 64bit.
> I running AMD64

Okay, so this seems to be Debian or a derivative. Just do a
        file /usr/lib/libgslcblas.so.0.0.0

> when I do apt-cache search I often see some distinction ie a 32 or 64 in
> similarly named libs.

These are most of the time kernels or kernel modules.

> I want to ensure 64 bit on this machine. Is auto-detection happening?

This is more of a question for whatever distribution you are using than
for the GSL. After all, people on this list don't know how the packager
created the package.

        Thomas