Re: [Help-gsl] example C file compile flags

From: Robin Hankin
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] example C file compile flags
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2009 10:00:44 +0000

Frank Reininghaus wrote:
Hi,

2009/1/9 Robin Hankin <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>>

    address@hidden:~> gcc -I/usr/local/include f.c

    What are the correct flags here?

try

gcc f.c -lgsl -lgslcblas -lm

Thanks Frank, it works!

Now, could we add that piece of wisdom to the manual *just where it's needed*? The link you point me to is fine as far as it goes, but I would like to see either those flags listed explicitly, or at the very least a pointer to section 2. Currently, the manual does not make it clear that the flags listed in section 2 are the *only* ones needed. I thought that I needed to add additional flags which were listed elsewhere
but couldn't find in the manual.

I suspect I had a typo in my earlier attempts! Even so, explicit instructions for
confusible users like me would be great.

Best wishes and thanks again to Kenneth

Robin

(see http://www.gnu.org/software/gsl/manual/html_node/Linking-programs-with-the-library.html)

Regards