Fw : [Help-gsl] Truncated normal distribution using gsl_rng_gaussian

From: chadia kanaan
Subject: Fw : [Help-gsl] Truncated normal distribution using gsl_rng_gaussian
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 19:05:25 +0000 (GMT)

I forget to precise that my Gaussian  G (mu, sigma) is centered on mean "mu"
and with dispersion sigma , both different from zero.

thanks ,
C.K

Hello,

Could someone, please,  guide me how to generate truncated Gaussian
probability distribution  numbers between [min,  max]  using the already
existing gsl_gaussian generators . lets say between 0 and infinity for example.

In earlier gsl archive, this point was discussed and  refered to other method
like rejection. I have used this method before, but gsl_gaussian generator is at
least 10 times faster and reliable than generators based on rejection/acceptance
method.
so I need a solution based on gsl_generator , maybe through simple
transformation ..

Many thanks for your help,
regards,
C. K