[Help-gsl] Re: gsl not getting along with gdb

From: Rodney Sparapani
Subject: [Help-gsl] Re: gsl not getting along with gdb
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 09:15:18 -0600

address@hidden wrote:
Hi,

No -- the files don't exist. Also, I've tried gsl-1.11 (and 1.10 and 1.9... :( ).

Do you think I have an outdated version of libtool?

Thanks!!!
Well, I haven't seen this problem on Mac OS X, but it is very similar
to something I see on Solaris.  A libtool bug is created by the autotools
and you have to wait for them to fix it.  Occasionally, you can fix it
by hand.   Are you passing any LDFLAGs?  I'm not as familiar with the
Apple linker.  But, I'd look in the man pages and see if there is
something you can do.  With the Sun linker, I often will need -R ...

--
Rodney Sparapani      Center for Patient Care & Outcomes Research (PCOR)
Sr. Biostatistician              http://www.mcw.edu/pcor