Re: [Help-gsl] Re: Debian and the GFDL

From: Hongzheng Wang
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Re: Debian and the GFDL
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 17:04:54 +0800

You seriously underestimate the contribution of Debian, even only
considering the packaging of GSL.  Providing pre-compiled binary
packages and organizing them well is one of the merits offered by
Linux distribution, which, I think, is a well known truth, right?
Taking GSL for an example, it is not only a computation library for
our daily scientific work, but also a supporting base for other open
source projects (please just to find out how many packages are
depending on libgsl0ldbl in Debian).  We could not say the packaging
of a particular software is silly or useless, just because it is easy
to compile and build; It's unfair.

--
HZ