Re: [Help-gsl] Developer's Version

From: Frank Reininghaus
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Developer's Version
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 16:31:32 +0100

Hi Shelley,

On Friday 29 February 2008 20:39:17 Holmberg, Shelley wrote:
> I am trying to build the Developmental Testbed Center's Model Evaluation
> Tools, Version 0.9 which requires the Developer's Version of the GNU
> Scientific Library.  I have downloaded and installed gsl-1.9, but how do I
> know if this is the correct version or not?

"Developer's Version" probably means that not only GSL's shared libraries, but
also the GSL header files are needed at compile time. If you downloaded,
built and installed GSL yourself, they should have been installed
automatically (btw, the current version is GSL 1.10, available at
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gsl/gsl-1.10.tar.gz ).

If you installed GSL in the standard location (i.e., if you didn't pass
any --prefix=... option to the configure script), everything should work
fine. Otherwise you probably have to tell the software you want to build
where to find the GSL files.

I hope I could help you!
Frank