[Help-gsl] gsl odeiv solvers platform dependence?

From: Περικλής Ράμμος
Subject: [Help-gsl] gsl odeiv solvers platform dependence?
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 18:10:56 +0200 (EET)

Hi all

I am using GSL_ODEIV for stiff magnetohydrodynamis problems,
on my workstation with Science Linux 2.6.9 and on my laptop with SUSE 10.

On the workstation, gear2 does not work, while on the notebook it works fine.
Specifically, it cannot 'unstuck' from initial point, which is a critical
one. Step t, from 10e-2, becomes ~200 but still that only produces steps
of functions y[i], of the order ~10e-9. (Variable names according to the
manual).

Strangely, explicit rk8pd works fine on both machines.
Both machines run gsl1.9, freshly installed.
Any suggestions?

Thanks

Perikles Rammos
University of Athens
PS. For more details, i can attach the code & the logfiles each machine
produces.