[Help-gsl] odeiv long double

From: Jakob Metzger
Subject: [Help-gsl] odeiv long double
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 16:06:40 +0100

Hi everyone,

I'm running odeiv to solve some ODEs, which works fine for the standard double type. However, I'd like to use it with long double, but cannot find the corresponding routines (i.e. there seem to be no <gsl/gsl_odeiv_long_double.h>, gsl_odeiv_long_double_evolve_apply, ...). Of course, without them the compiler complains ("cannot convert long double* to double*"). The long double type does work for other parts, such as gsl_matrix_long_double.h. So, is this simply not implemented (in this case - are there some plans to do so?) or am I missing something? Also, is there a list of routines which can be used with the 'long' types and which don't?

Thanks a lot,
jake