Re: [Help-gsl] Cubic Spline Interpolation

From: Paulo Jabardo
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Cubic Spline Interpolation
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 13:12:13 -0300 (ART)

If the data is available in a regular grid then this
is the best solution. If it is not...

There is a procedure developed by Akima. The method
can be used to interpolate irregularly spaced data. It
basically builds a triangular mesh on the data and
uses this mesh to interpolate the data (linear or
spline).

I've used the implementation available as a package
for r-project (http://cran.r-project.org) look for the
akima package.

Maybe we could try to port this package to GSL? We can
not just use the fortran code because the license is
for non-comercial use only. I will see if I can
reimplement the method. It would be a nice addition to
GSL

Paulo

--- Patrick Alken <address@hidden>