Re: [Help-gsl] Compiling on Fedora 4

From: Chelton Evans
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Compiling on Fedora 4
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 23:12:22 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Brian,
 it did not compile because it could not find the
 library. Usually $make install copies them to
/usr/lib.  When I copied the files and put the path
 in myself (/usr/local/include/gsl) it all worked.  So
the issue was not one of compiling C++ but finding
where the object files were.

I did not track down where the error occured in the
Makefile. While I have looked at the Makefile it
 appears to me to be complex. I have attached
 my Makefile just in case you need it.
 I run a bash shell.  If I knew more about
 unix I would have tracked it down, perhaps the
 error is on my box only if other people using
 Fedora 4 do not have this problem.

thanks
from Chelton Evans