Re: [Help-gsl] Data Visualization

From: Dimitris Papavasiliou
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Data Visualization
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 03:48:19 +0200

James Bergstra wrote:

Dimitris' posting about 3D graphics inspires me to ask a related
question...

What are some good visualization tools for vectors and matrices?
I miss the plotting tools in matlab, what can I do instead?

James

Silly though I may seem contributing to the hijacking of my own post, why don't you use octave? It has various plotting facilities some of which use gnuplot but it also has the ability to create and display images from matrix data. You may have to install octave-forge for the latter though. Check out the imagemagick interface, specifically the imwrite command for example which takes three matrices and creates an RGB image out of them. Other options exist as well.

Now about this R^3 geometry package...