Re: [Help-gsl] help

From: Jon Drews
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] help
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 11:38:32 -0600

On 6/30/05, natalia lara <address@hidden> wrote:
> i would like to obtain information about how GSL works and how it is used,

Some small examples are here:

www.silbsd.org/projects/GSL.tar.gz

> specially with respect to simulated annealing.
Simulated Annealing
http://www.gnu.org/software/gsl/manual/gsl-ref_24.html#SEC378

> In addition since I let to
> know if GSL already this installed in my computer, that archives
> specifically I must have?

If you have GSL 1.6 installed on your computer, then you should have
the annealing routines. For a Linux or *BSD computer do:

$ whereis gsl-config

to see if it is installed. You can also do:

$ whatis gsl-config

and get the following answer:

gsl-config(1)   - script to get version number and compiler flags of the
installed GSL library

--
Kind regards,
Jonathan