[Help-gsl] Successful compilation on an older PC

From: Rene Girard
Subject: [Help-gsl] Successful compilation on an older PC
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 21:30:38 -0400

Dear Sir,

  A simple note to inform you that I was able to compile GSL version 1.5
without problem on an older system (perhaps I should have said "much older")
by doing the standard:

./configure
make
make install

I verified that it was working by running one example in the GSL Users Manual.

I thought that sending you that information may be useful to extend your
database giving the type of machines and Linux variants where one was
able to compile GSL and verify that it was working.

System characteristics:

Pentium 166Mz
80 MB RAM
OS: Caldera OpenLinux eDesktop 2.4

Doing "gcc -v" gives me :

gcc version egcs-2.91.66 (19990314) (egcs-1.1.2 release)

On my machine I have as the other OS: indows 95

Hope you find this information useful.

Thanks for creating such a useful free mathematical library.

Regards
 --
Rene Girard