Re: [Help-gsl] Help with multifit non-linear Least Squares

From: Joakim Hove
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Help with multifit non-linear Least Squares
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 08:00:15 +0100

address@hidden writes:

> [... ] I have experimental y[i] and t[i] data for the equation
>
> y= ( t^2 ) / ( t-f )              [1]
>
> which is a rotated hyperbola. I am using aliased the example from the
> documentation of gsl, and because i've never done fiting before, could
> somebody help me on: is this a fitable function?

Well, why not. Might get problems if (t == f) of course.

> If you wan't to help me somehow you can execute (in bash shell) the
> following command and you'll see the program output at once (and where the
> problem is)
> wget http://finsler.math.uoa.gr/~petmakris/publish/3.3.tar.gz \
>  && tar -xvzf 3.3.tar.gz && cd 3.3/c && make run

If you want spesific help it is usually smarter to post a (as trimmed
down version as possible) version of the source directly in the
posting.

Anyway - I did the wget dance, and I am quite sure the error is the
'i' on line ~ 199.

Joakim

--
Joakim Hove