Adding background image for grub in a Custom Arch ISO

From: Ruturaj nanoti
Subject: Adding background image for grub in a Custom Arch ISO
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2022 12:11:28 +0530

Hi,

I am trying to create a custom Arch ISO using the archiso tool. So, I have
to manually edit the grub.cfg file here, instead of just adding the
GRUB_BACKGROUND parameter, in /etc/default/grub. I am not sure, how I
should go about doing this, I looked through some stuff online, and added
the following to grub.cfg before the menu entries,

insmod png
background_image -m stretch /boot/<custom_png>

But, doing this does not show the background image. I have also rescaled
the image to 640x480, as per the suggestion. Also, I am storing the custom
image in <custom_ISO_Folder>/airootfs/boot folder. This is the entire
grub.cfg <https://controlc.com/acc7bbbc> shipped by default in the
releng profile,
with the two lines specified above added to it. So, any help regarding this
would be highly appreciated.

Thanks