Re: azerty, fr or fr-pc keyboard layout with grub 2.06

From: Pascal Hambourg
Subject: Re: azerty, fr or fr-pc keyboard layout with grub 2.06
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2022 17:02:09 +0100

Le 02/03/2022 à 14:42, Pascal a écrit :

do any of you have a working .gkb file that can switch the keyboard layout
to azerty, fr or fr-pc ?

I do, but gave up using it because I found it not stable enough.

I tried to generate one with the grub-mklayout and grub-kbcomp tools, but
the file produced does not switch the keyboard layout when used with the
keymap command (nb. no warning or error message is displayed).

Did you switch terminal_input to at_keyboard or usb_keyboard first ? Keymaps do not work with the default console input.