Re: grub.cfg for RAID devices

From: Stéphane Delaunay
Subject: Re: grub.cfg for RAID devices
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2021 11:26:29 +0000

Hi Pascal,

on Wednesday, September 15th, 2021 at 12:13 PM, Pascal Hambourg
<pascal@plouf.fr.eu.org> wrote:
> When you are in the system, you just need to install the package
> grub2-common and run update-grub to generate a proper grub.cfg.

Yes, this was the solution. I think it was a misunderstanding on my part and I
got confused about the partitions and installation.

Installing grub without specifying a device parameter added the config to the
/boot-RAID and made GRUB on flash open it.

I'm not sure whether I should also install grub to sda/sdb as well, because
I've read that this can cause issues with grub-update for some reason. It's
probably not necessary for this system, but might be needed if I need to
install the drive in another one.