Re: Test for f2fs.mod in GRUB binary file from Bash shell?

From: Andrei Borzenkov
Subject: Re: Test for f2fs.mod in GRUB binary file from Bash shell?
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 07:25:07 +0300

On 23.06.2021 05:09, Frederick Grose wrote:
> I'd like to test for the presence of the f2fs.mod in a GRUB EFI binary file
> from a general purpose Bash installation script for Fedora family LiveCD
> .isos.
>
> Could someone suggest a signature that I could test for from a hex dump or
> some other method that might indicate that the f2fs module is present or
> not?

If "EFI bunary file" refers to grub.efi - modules are in "mods" section,
module list has the same format on all platforms - struct
grub_module_info{32,64}, followed by list of modules, each module is
prepended by struct grub_module_header. Modules themselves are normal
ELF objects, module name itself is in .modinfo section.

You may look at bootinfoscript which is using shell to parse grub module
list and extract module names.