"insmod normal" returning "unknown filesystem" in rescue shell

From: Leo Kerr
Subject: "insmod normal" returning "unknown filesystem" in rescue shell
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2020 00:39:12 +1100

Hi everyone, i'm trying to get linux on a laptop of mine and it gives me a
rescue shell everytime i start it up. I set the prefix and root to the
first partition on the first disk (where grub is installed) in the rescue
shell and "insmod normal" gives me "error: unknown filesystem". The
filesystem on it is fat32 so i know grub can access it but i have no idea
why it won't. Anyone have an idea on why it won't read it?