Re: Removing CSM compability from grub bootloader.

From: Randy Goldenberg
Subject: Re: Removing CSM compability from grub bootloader.
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2020 09:37:24 -0700

On Wednesday August 05, 2020, noone atall wrote:
I have an old motherboard that is unable to boot usb devices in EFI mode.
Which means it only boots hard drives and cd/dvd in efi mode. As i have
encountered some issues with dvds and i don't like them in general i
decided to use hard drives as installation media.

However, the Manjaro linux iso is set to boot both modes. As it is based on
grub i decided to try my luck asking help on grub forums, which apparently
is not present so here i am.

Long story short I would very much appreciate it if you could tell me which
files and folders one needs to remove from grub bootloader to destroy it's
capability to boot on legacy BIOS firmware.

Rather than messing with your boot iso, why not just disable CSM or "legacy" compatibility mode in your computer's firmware?