Help: grub2 -to- firmware interface issue

From: Dr. George E. Moore
Subject: Help: grub2 -to- firmware interface issue
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 11:52:50 -0400

I have a Dell Precision 690 with four (4) SATA hard drives. Prior to a disk crash, I had no problem with BIOS/grub recognizing each drive. After removing the drive and rebuilding the kernel, grub now only recognizes one disk, even though BIOS acknowledges the presence of four.

Re-installing grub2 and updating grub (update-grub) has no impact; nor does switching between the AHCI and SAS controllers in the BIOS work.

Could someone explain why this is happening and/or how to correct this problem.

Thanks,